Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Things no one tells you about being pregnant #56949300: Paranoia

Brought to my attention by my girlfriend, who is also pregnant.
Let me first say, how saddened I am about yet another senseless, tragic, killing "spree" that happened in Colorado. I've been listening to and reading about the intense debates of how to "solve" this "problem." Is it gun control? Is it a broken mental health system? Is it too much violence in the media?

If you ask me, which no one did, my answer would be yes to all of the above. Unfortunately, it's all a part of our culture and it will take a whole culture to change it. Our society over indulges in everything and if we want to see change its starts with us. It starts with you. It starts with me. I certainly don't pretend to know all the answers but I do know a little about the power of supply and demand.

That being said, being pregnant I (and my girlfriend apparently) have constant PARANOIA.

A text exchange sent between us yesterday.....

Her: I think everyone wearing a backpack has a gun.

Me: I took the stairs today instead of riding in an elevator, alone, with a suspicious looking man.

Her: I left See's Candies for my one free truffle because some dude had a backpack and wasn't standing in line.

It goes on but you get the point. I'm not sure why this is a " symptom" of pregnancy, but the shit that just happened in Colorado only compounds the crazy scenarios playing out in my head as I stand in line at the grocery store to buy milk and bread, and the person in front of me is inappropriately wearing sunglasses.





No comments:

Post a Comment