Saturday, December 10, 2011

Viva happy places.

I wouldn't call myself a "religious" person but I do have a relationship with the gods. My gods. We make a good team. I know they have my back for many reasons but here is the latest example.

Next week is my last week of work in 2011 AND it happens to be in Vegas. A week to meet with fellow colleagues, ring out this year, plan for next and have some fun on the side. I love my family and I love our laid back beach town but this momma is ready to put on some heels and stay out past 9pm. (I'm shooting for 11pm.) I don't gamble even one iota, but I'm pretty sure my time will be well spent.

Grandma and grandpa Arterburn will be back in town to hang with the boys. (Thank you D and D!)

The following week, the boys and I are going on a little Christmas adventure. We are heading back up to Santa Barbara (this is obviously my "happy" place of the year.) We are going "glamping" Aka glamorous camping at El Capitan.

On the way back, we are bringing Hudson to Disneyland for the 1st time. Just for the record, I hate, I LOATHE theme parks. I can't fucking stand crowds of people, standing in line, $15 sodas, annoying children, adults wearing Winnie the Pooh sweatshirts, adults and kids going on wet rides despite the fact they are wearing jeans and it's only 10 am, and Other stuff like that.
However, I love seeing our son happy, excited, ecstatic, believing in magic, feeling that Disneyland is the happiest place on earth and HE gets to go there and building memories that will stay with him (us) a lifetime.
And that's what it's all about. Hey.








1 comment:

  1. Yep, I am sure you will have a blast! Good fir the Arterburns!

    ReplyDelete