Saturday, December 31, 2011

A New Year.

A new year is upon us and it's kind of a big deal, the new year. It's the beginning of the next year of the rest of our lives.

Believe it or not, 2011 was not a totally miserable year. My good moments were better (WAY better) than normal and my bad moments were worse (WAY worse) than normal. I am more grateful than spiteful, so I guess it all balances out.

So. I have 2 items on my list for next year. (The term "resolution" doesn't do it for me.)

1. Getting rid of "Stuff"
2. Fuck Strength


1. Getting rid of "Stuff"
This is metaphorical, mental, and physical. Whether it is shoes I don't wear, people I don't like, or my own personal baggage. I'm getting it out of my life and not looking back.
This will make more room for the shoes I do like and people whom I love.

2. Fuck Strength
I guess you could call this my 2012 Mantra (or words to live by if the term mantra is to "yogi.")
I often see forwards and postings stating how a girl from < fill in the blank > is. "We are tough, we drive in the snow, we can beat the heat, we can live in the cold......" and it goes on. That was my attitude.
How strong are you Mandy? Well, I'm strong.
We are all strong and can ALL survive pretty much anything that is handed to us in this life, no matter where we come from. I've always asked for strength and now I'm ready for peace. So Fuck Strength. I want peace. I don't want to be too cold, I don't want too hot. I just want to be happy. I want more good days than bad. That's it.

Here's to 2012. I love you all!
To get this new year party started I've cut 4 inches off my hair (getting rid of stuff) and put on a dress (Fuck Strength)
Happy New Year!







"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."
Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment