Saturday, May 12, 2012

A word to your mother.

There was nothing, I mean nothing, that prepared me for motherhood. It's not comparable to anything else. In the good moments, there is nothing as good. In the bad moments, well, you want to get in your car drive to the Maldives, but then you realize that is impossible so, you don't. Or maybe that's just me. Nonetheless, having Hudson in front of me every day, makes me want to be a better person, every day. For that, I am incredibly grateful.

Being a mom, is also a way of giving back to our own moms. From what I can tell, grandchildren are like "friends with benefits." ie) No strings attached other than a good time.

Happy Mother's Day, first and foremost to my mom Julie. Also to E's mom Dodie. You are our rocks. To all the other moms in our lives, their is a common thread amongst every mom I know and that is, unconditional love, for better or for worse.
As far as I am concerned, my mom is a princess fairy and a ninja wrapped in clean sheets and a home cooked meal and she NEVER runs out of toilet paper. That, to me, is pretty damn amazing.

Through the mommy eyes of my iPhone.....




Mothers day pancake breakfast at Hudson's pre-school.




Such great memories here. It will be missed.
























The VW bus, turned into play structure at his school.




Grandma Julie and Hudson in Minnesota 2 summers ago.




Grandma Dodie and Hudson at our park, more than 2 summers ago.




Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment