Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Housekeeping

Still more work and less play than I would like but that's what the hokey pokey is really all about. I've done a few small things in the last few days that have brought me much pleasure. Again, it's the little things folks.
(And if I were rich, diamonds and private yachts would be the "little" things and I would enjoy those as well.)

1. Went to the cobbler and had my heels replaced on my work shoes. I mean how many times am I gonna (almost) eat shit before I spend $8 to get the worn out heels fixed!










2. I cut Hudson's hair. Yes, I did it myself. I was inspired by a rockstar. We had lunch at our local Wahoos (fish tacos) eating hole and sitting next to us was Tom Delonge of Blink182 and his 5 year old son. Both equally punk rock. Nonetheless, I copied his sons hair cut (to the best of my ability) and I think it's pretty cute. Some may call it messy, Tom and I call it punk rock.







































3. I bought myself a new book. (A book of essays which I will realistically finish) and coffee mug. Because they go hand in hand.


Tomorrow is E's 10 month mark! 10 months since his traumatic brain injury. Things are moving forward and I will give a formal update in the next day or 2.

(As for the formal housekeeping when E let's me know something is dirty, I tell him to tell the maid. When he says "we don't have a maid" I say, "exactly.")

1 comment:

  1. Hey, cool blog! I find myself agreeing with a lot of things you post... you are so very lucky that you got to see Tom DeLonge and his son. That's something that I could only dream of, seeing as I live on the South coast. I would have been struck speechless if that were me. Your son's hair looks rad!

    ReplyDelete