Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What's up with shoe?

So far, 2012 has been extremely busy, depending on who you ask in our household. If you asked E, he would say "boring." If you asked Hudson, he would say "I'm a red, Lego, ninja, power ranger because I feel it in my heart."

With a life of busy-ness and craziness, all a result of brain injured-ness, I am still focused and holding true on my 2 New Years "items" which, will bring more happiness. (at least that's the idea.)

Today, I got rid of stuff and here is the story.

Today, I parted with of a pair of shoes I really love. However, the lady who works at the consignment shop loves them more. I know this because she tells me every single time I drop things off (which is a lot lately.) They were not that special but you can't get them anymore and they are not even on eBay. I know this because she told me. So, I wore the shoes one last time today and after work I stopped by the store and I told her I was ready to sell the shoes. She cried. Well, maybe "cried" is an exaggeration but her eyes welled up and so did mine. We hugged. Twice.
Maybe it was the shoes. Maybe its because we are women and women love shoes. Maybe because it was Wednesday. I don't know but it feels good to get rid of stuff, even stuff I still like.
(That chick had better give me fair consignment price.)










No comments:

Post a Comment