Thursday, February 23, 2012

Vacation wrap up. Part 1.

Vacation top 10 ten list.

1. Sleeping in. Well, actually, I was up by 7 or 8 am (central) which is 5 or 6am (pacific) but I didn't have to wake up to an alarm clock so it counts.

2. Read a book front to back. As in a real book, not an audio book, that I listen to (over a few months) in-between stops at work, pre-school pick ups and Trader Joes grocery getting.

3. Brushing up on my spanish. "Un hamberguesa con queso para him y dos cervesas por favor." (one hamburger with cheese for him (E) and 2 beers please) Thats kind of where the Spanish ends for me.

4. Hudson learned a new language of his own complete with Words such as "bullshit" and "damnit. "
Thank you grandma Julie.

5. Got one of those "burned in those places you forget to cover with SPF 50 and then have to sit in the shade for the rest of the time tan."

6. Made friends with a local named Paco.

7. Realized (repeatedly) that I would definitely be a vegetarian if I lived anywhere but the US. (see story in part 2, next blog post)

8. Remembered how I wish "bargaining" was as popular in the US because every purchase feels like a sweet deal.

9. Minnesotans love Mexico. Not only my folks, but it seemed every other person on the beach was from Minnesota, with one exception, a Canadian couple.

10. The sad feeling you get when you finish a really good book. I have that.

Thanks for the great vacation Mom and Dj! It wouldn't have been the same without you. (Actually, it wouldn't have happened with out you.)

Now for my photo album of 136,459 pictures! ....Ok, maybe just 5.



1st time snorkeling for Hudson.




Not the first time grandma Julie wore him out.




My view.



I wish I could have fit these chairs in my suitcase.




The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment