Sunday, June 10, 2012

Graduation and (spare) Change.

Hudson graduated pre-school this weekend. Although he will continue to go to his pre-school for summer camp, the formal "commencement" happened this weekend and grandma Julie was here with us to celebrate.
Many people asked me if I cried or I was sad to watch Hudson graduate?
My answer: Hell No!
Honestly, I love his pre-school and our next child will go there as well, but I am not sad he is moving on to kindergarten. Since I can remember, I've always embraced change with open arms. Especially, positive change. Change is good. I don't think I had a pre-school graduation (shit, did I even go to pre-school?) However, I do remember my high school graduation and our theme song was Green Day's "Good Riddance" which pretty much summed it up for me. (Or was it just mine?)
Again, it's not that high school was so painful or terrible for me, I was just excited for my next adventure. And so.... I am equally excited for Hudson's next adventure, which is also our next adventure.
This is just the beginning of change that is headed our way this year and I am ready.
“The only thing constant in life is change."
Francois de la Rochefoucauld
I'll drink (sparkling water) to that, Francois!

























No comments:

Post a Comment