Thursday, August 25, 2011

I've got 99 problems...and a brain injury ain't one.

In anticipation of a busy weekend, and in lieu of a hot summers night with the fam, here are some pics. I must preface by saying, today, one of E's wishes came true. He got prescription glasses. Woohoo! Finally, he can wear specs that serve a purpose. I must say, he looks pretty handsome.

The 3 (4 including Henri) of us had sort of a festive evening. E and I had a very good therapy session earlier this evening with his Neuro-Psychologist, to which at the end of the session the doctor says "ok, well, I'd definitely like to see you next week" and he was looking at me.
Perfect, because I have A LOT to talk about.

I truly believe we are going to come out of this brain injury journey, stronger than ever because I've never spent so much time cultivating a relationship (with E and with myself,) putting everything on the table as it turns up, and resolving it. It is an amazing opportunity for both of us and I'm not sure why "therapy" has such a stigma but obviously those who criticize it, are probably the most fucked up. So here are some snaps of the happy family feeling a whole lot "smarter" today.
P.s. Thank you RAEN Optics for "donating" E's new specs. You guys rule!
















No comments:

Post a Comment