Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Take the long way home

We were all starving today after work/school/brain camp. So we went and had an acai bowl and East Coast pizza (it's a serious addiction) for an after school "snack."

When we got home, I walked down to our mail box to get the mail (it's just next door by our neighbor) I wished it were much farther away. I look forward to my walk to the mail box each day because it's about the only time that I get completely to myself where I can just zone out and be alone. No kid. No dog. No hubs. No cell phone. No computer.

Granted, I do have alone time in the car when I'm driving around for work, but it is hardly relaxing driving in Southern California traffic and I certainly can't zone out. I have alone time at night after the boys go to bed but there is always something to be done or I am asleep with them. As for the bathroom, well, we have an open door policy in our house (my fault.) Actually, the bathroom is more like a meeting place in our house. Some people gather around the kitchen table. Some gather round the fireplace. We gather at the shitter. About 90% of the time, the entire family (including the dog) has joined me by the time I'm done. It's like they see me go in and say "perfect, let's go ask her every burning question we have, she can't go anywhere!"

So, if I don't call you, text you, facebook you, or email you back in a timely manner, just know, I am spending quality time with the fam.... or.... I am out getting the mail.
















No comments:

Post a Comment