Tuesday, October 25, 2011

7 months Yo and Palm Springs we go.

E and I snuck out to Palm Springs for 2 days and 1 night. Today is the 7 month "anniversary" of E's TBI. He told my grandma today that he was almost 100% back, which tells me.... he's not. He is doing fantastic but when the doctors say it takes a FULL year to recover from a Traumatic Brain Injury, they are not bullshitting. Just ask the wives (significant others ) of the brain injured.

Was if fun? Yes.
Was if relaxing? Not unless you consider sitting by the pool with someone who has no more than a 5 minute attention span for anything, especially "relaxation." This is not his fault, I blame the brain injury for this one. Everybody knows the old E loved to nap.

We stayed at our favorite hotel (The Parker Palm Springs), we went to our favorite vintage shop, Dazzles, ate at our favorite breakfast spot and had lunch with my favorite Palm Springs grandma and (grandpa) Dan. I think at this point Dan qualifies as grandpa considering they've been "dating" longer than I've been alive (more than 3 decades). I think they are getting serious.






This lasted as long as it took me to take the picture.







Dazzles.





Mike, the owner of Dazzles. The rest explains itself.







Vintage magazine rack, a good DIY project for E.





Getting ready for our "big" night out. We were both sleeping no more than 1 hour later.





Breakfast. Pressed coffee and Tapatio. The 2 ingredients for a perfect breakfast (and body cleanse.)







Dan and "Grandma from Palm Springs" (because that's her full name)








Mom and Hudson, holding down the fort. Thanks Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment