Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Autobiography in 5 chapters

So, I am in the midst of taking an 8 week course called MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction). Brilliant right? Anyway, it's taught by one of E's Neurologists and his wife. It's a little yoga, a large amount of meditation and a ton of self insight. I will share more when I complete it but it's been a fantastic way for me to try to stay as "sane" as possible throughout all of this. Not to mention, it is a lot healthier than confiding in a bottle of wine, although it still has it's place.
(Plus, the doctor knows us fairly well from chasing E down the hallway at In-Patient Rehab, when he was the great escape artist.)

Below is one of my favorite "deep thoughts." As long as you are human, you can probably relate to this one. If you read this and you say, I've never actually fell into a hole in a sidewalk, you're not getting it. ;)

Autobiography in 5 chapters

1. I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost...I am hopeless.
It isn't my fault.
I takes forever to get out.

2. I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I'm in the same place, but it isn't my fault.
I still takes a long time to get out.

3. I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I see it there.
I still fall in...it's habit.
My eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It's my fault.
I get out immediately.

4. I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it.

5. I walk down another street.

(by Portia Nelson)



2 comments:

  1. Thanx for the blog and insight Mandy...I find my blogging helps me think straight. I read that in yours also. Thanks for your thoughts and words. Prayers r with u guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Staci aka) Momma T. Much love your way as well!

    ReplyDelete