Saturday, September 24, 2011

6 months and Life to Go.

Today marks 6 months since E's TBI (traumatic brain injury.) What a week. What a half a year.

E is driving again. He will be starting work (very) part time and going to brain camp the other part of his time. Lots of appointments, work, brain camp and school.
Lots of change.

What have I learned in the last 6 months? Plan on change. And I was reminded of that unmistakably today.

I figured today would be a good day to play tourists and take in some local San Diego culture. This idea was spawn early this morning when I woke up at 6:30 am in order to get ready, get myself a pumpkin spice latte and make it to downtown San Diego by 8 am to attend a convention for work. Only to arrive and realize I was early. 2 weeks early. Yes, it's a proven fact, brain injuries are contagious. So, I came home, round up the boys (someone stayed out a bit too late last night) and drove downtown, again.

I had two specific intentions. 1. Go to the children's museum 2. Go to our favorite Australian restaurant, Bondi (for a beer, burger and sweet potato fries.)

Well.....the museum is closed for the month of September getting ready for a new exhibition and Bondi has been replaced by Donovan's Steak house. What a difference 6 months makes.

So.... we ate at Maryjanes Diner at the Hard Rock hotel for the beer, burger and fries (no sweet potato. Boo.) We went to the Balboa Park Train Museum for our culture and Hudson's "adventure" for the day. Not too shabby!

After going through the last 6 months, it takes a lot more than a few alterations in "the plan" to rock my boat. Although, I try to anticipate everything, I know that "the plan" is much bigger than my daybook can handle.

So, like the last 6 months, I will take the next 6 months, one day at a time.
And I will continue to PLAN on CHANGE.




E's last "full time" day at brain camp. Cooking with "Sam the Cooking Guy." A local celeb chef.




Buffalo chicken pizza. Yum!
P.s. I had Sam sign my Sam the Cooking Guy cookbook "I love you Mandy"
I have no shame.




E, super stoked that I'm taking his picture right now.




Me and Hud, super.




6 months and life to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment