Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First day of pre-school....again

Well today was Hudson first "official" day back to preschool. Second year. (And I don't really have anything nice to say about the high maintenance, sneaky, sometimes rude, most of the time complaining, brain injured guy, so I will dedicate this day to Hudson.) So basically, we were pros and watched all the newbie parents taking pictures of their kids on the painted up, old VW bus that the preschool converted into a jungle gym. (pretty much what sold me on the place.) We on the other hand just rolled up dropped off our contribution of glue, markers, hand sanitizer and Dora the Explorer bandaids and were on our way.

Hudson didn't even look back. Old blood (to bro out with) mixed with a little new blood (to show off and possibly make friends with) a perfect combo for a happy toddler (mine anyway.) This makes me think, maybe he WILL be ready for kindergarten next year. A very controversial subject around moms. I chose not to partake in most of it, but having an August birthday makes it impossible to avoid.

On one hand I think, LOVES his preschool and so do we. He has his whole life to go to "real" school. On the other hand, I think, he can handle it, even if he's young and a bit behind at first, he will eventually catch up, they all sort of even out......right?

Then I think, he's a boy. I don't want him to be the last kid in his class to get pubes and a deep voice. If he comes out of high school with a low self esteem because he didn't get chicks and was the dumbest kid in his class who bench warmed his way through sports, I'm pretty sure, I'd HAVE to wear some of that responsibility. Like it or not.

Oh, but then, there is the big elephant in the room that no body wants to talk about. Like saving $12,000 a year on preschool? But I'm sure all of these people really choose to send their kids because they are "talented" and "ready." Bullshit, you want to buy yourself a big screen TV and a trip to Tahiti, (or just get by comfortably.) Just like the rest of us.

Well, Hudson, enjoy your last year of preschool because next year, you might just be entering the real world of kindergarten but don't worry, we'll take you somewhere very special on spring break and I personally, am looking forward to it.







Hudson's 1st day last year.





Hudson's 1st day this year.







E and I left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment