Thursday, September 15, 2011

Don't stop believing (in the voice of Journey)

Wow. What a week. I'm the type of person who gets more done when there is a lot to do. When there is little to do, I...do...nothing. This week, there was much to do. However, Dave and Dodie were in town until this morning and helped A TON. I mean, Dodie cooks, Dave cleans, and the boys get suckers when they are picked up from brain camp/school (and I'm not the one picking them up.) Whats not to like?

Where do I begin. MANY changes coming our way. This is all a bit pre-mature to announce but I've never been very good at keeping my mouth shut when I should so here we go.

E and I have an "All staff" brain camp meeting next Thursday to go over the brain camp action plan. I will tell you, its announcing the date of Eric's discharge. I don't know when, but it will soon be on the calendar. They will give him a "part time work" permit. In addition, they are going to let the man drive. Yes, that's right. E will be on a road near you, very soon. When stating my concern about this to one of the doctors that I work with, he said, well, he can't be any worse than my 16 year old son, who is now on the road. Wow. Good point. Eric is extra cautious these days and has the life experience that 16 year olds definitely do not have.

All of this good news opened up a whole new ball of mommy wax (whack) for me. My husband is slowly but surely getting his wings back. The time is coming where I will no longer be able to talk about him behind his back to his 1,000 closest friends. I need to let go of the fact that he won't need me as much. A complete blessing? Absolutely. An adjustment? Yes. But a good adjustment.

I am so stoked to be getting my "husband" back but it's going to take practice to allowing him to spread his wings again without worrying my ass off that it will all go awry. I guess it's like watching your 16 year old drive off in their car for the first time or like sending your first born off to college. You are both ready for it but nervous nonetheless.

Finally, I must confess, I opened a bottle of wine tonight as well. I can only speak for myself but wine makes me a better person. Period.




No comments:

Post a Comment