Friday, September 2, 2011

A Labor of love

Not a bad week. Just a bit exhausting. Have I mentioned the roster of doctors who we see on a regular basis? Neuro-psychologist, psychiatrist, Neuro-Surgeon, Neurologist, Opthamologist, dentist, brain camp, repeat. Then on my work time I am seeing....doctors. I'm not sure if all these doctors are making us feel better or more crazy trying to manage all of these appointments over and above everything else we have going on. Nonetheless, I'm happy that Labor Day weekend is upon us and Labor Day happens to mean the opposite for most of us.

Uncle brother Matt (E's brother) is coming into town today. We (me) are all excited for some new blood and an additional driver. Matt, you get to make the 8 pm (which is like midnight to us) runs to 7/11 for E's ice cream fix.

So, we celebrate the last weekend of summer, which I am secretly excited about. It's not that I dislike summer, it's that I like the fall, more.

September 24th will be the 6 month mark for E since his TBI (traumatic brain injury)
Will we be half way home? Time will tell. I'm not expecting miracles this month, but a drivers license for the man would be fantastic.




Palm trees and pumpkin patches near our house.
A perfect segway out of one season and into another.



No comments:

Post a Comment