Friday, September 30, 2011

A few things I know for sure.

A few things I know for sure....

I know for sure, my kid is a natural "hoarder."
From Matchbox cars, to glow sticks, to leaves on an afternoon jog when I just want to run and not stop and pick up every god damned leaf that happens to be on the sidewalk but then I remember how cool it is as a kid to watch in amazement at how the leaves change colors right before our eyes and if I would stop and think about it as an adult I just might feel the same way.......(deep breath.) And I do.




Spider man face paint, again. I realized this as I picked him up and we went to get our usual Friday after school treat and did our usual Friday after school grocery shopping. I know for sure, my kid is a creature of habit.
(I'm not sure where he gets it.)




I had a moment today. I haven't lived in Minnesota for 10 years and today was one of those moments where, you'd never know. I roamed the grocery store (which I'm fairly familiar with) and I finally had to ask, very annoyed, where the pineapple was hiding. The man kindly pointed to the large table full of fresh pineapple, directly behind him. "You mean that?"
Oh, yeah. I was looking for the canned stuff but this will do.
(I say this only because fresh pineapple is pretty hard to come by in October in MN. The thought of "fresh" didn't even cross my mind.)

Hudson and I proceeded to cut that baby up and ate like it was going out of (style) season. I know for sure, I'm still a Minnesotan at heart and that it's going to be a good Friday night.




As for the hubs. We are getting to a point where I can tell him stories about when he was 'his evil twin in the hospital' and he can comprehend it, sort of envision it, and sometimes even laugh about it. I shared with him today the "succulent story." Basically, when he was moved to in-patient rehab and I tried to make his room more comfy, I potted this succulent plant and brought it in to him. It's no secret that I'm NOT a green thumb. E looked at it and immediately told me it "sucked." Yep, he said my succulent sucked.

Well guess who is still living and in our bedroom?
And after today, E finally knows where it came from.
I know for sure, my husband is getting better, and I will NEVER pot him a succulent again.




And finally.....
I know for sure, that although he can be annoying as hell, after a good run and a hearty meal, my dog can be the cutest thing ever.
(Even if he is on my pillow and seeing that totally sends me into a cleanliness tailspin.)




Happy Friday.



No comments:

Post a Comment