Monday, September 19, 2011

My so called Life

My life these days consists of a shit show of appointments, work, running a household and more appointments.

Granted, E is becoming more of helper as more time goes on, we are a long way from "back." I say this because brain injuries can be deceiving, even to me, someone who lives with one, who lives with one. However, when things around here naturally get moving at lightning speed, I am continually struck by it, and and it says "Hey lady, slow down, slow your ass down."

Tonight we had "family photos." (That sounds so lame every time I say it.) Anyway, we hiked it back into a really cool woodsy area deep in the heart of our "little" beach town. We had a few things in a bag- you know... treats, juice boxes, my cell phone. Someone (E) "forgot" to put it back into the car so I drove back to retrieve it, peeved, only to come home to find the dog had gotten out and was causing a ruckus in the neighborhood and my kid chowing down on "Lucky Charms" (the marshmallows only) for dinner. My husband somehow unknowing of all of this. So there is your example in case you wanted one.

At any rate things are moving along. Sometimes backwards, sometimes sideways, and most of the time, forwards.

Oh, did I mention my perfect son was dishing out major attitude this weekend, using my own one-liners, on me.
Things like:
"stop, you're being rude"
"give me some space"
"I'm over it"
"what the hell is wrong with you"

Tonight, I pray for patience. And a secret wine fairy.

Things we did this weekend. (In order)




Went to an adorable beach and backyard wedding. Although it's normal around here, it's still pretty awkward wearing a dress to the beach....and mine happened to be black....and the the exact same as another wedding guest. Awesome.



Hudson pre-wedding. Sand crab digging...in jeans.




Guess what came in the mail....and we wore to the grocery store...and the pharmacy, and.....



Set my table for "Fall." Peace put summer. Hello new Missoni (for Target) bowls and votives.



Went the park, in our pajamas....again. Sort of a Sunday morning tradition at this point.



Hudson, gearing up for pictures.....in the dirt.




The boys.




Me. Smiling. Not knowing what's about to hit me.



No comments:

Post a Comment