Thursday, September 8, 2011

Blackout

Well pandemonium hit SD late this afternoon when 1.4 million people lost their power (and lost their shit.) I'm not gonna lie, it's a bit scary coming to a 6 way stop with turn lanes and trying to figure out who's turn it is next. I just gunned it closed my eyes and got my ass on the freeway. The 5 actually became quite safe as it quickly turned into a parking lot considering everyone and their mother tried to get home.

At any rate, we ended up having a pretty good night. I told Hudson that we were having a pretend Halloween party and would not be using lights tonight. Only lanterns and candles. He told me that was "the best idea ever" so for now, I'll take the credit.

We made tacos on the grill. We cooked the meat on a pan, heated the tortillas on the upper grill, cut up the veggies and voila! I must say, it was the best meal that I've had during a blackout, at least that I can remember. We didn't get to watch the football game as planned but it was kind of refreshing not having a tv. I think I'm going to enforce 1 night a week, no tv. Maybe even no electricity like tonight, just for the full experience. It's was kind of like camping. Except we had running water and a bed. Awesome.




More preschool shenanigans today. Um, Hudson, you have something on your face..."what mom?" Perhaps his teacher did it while he was sleeping during nap time?




"Camping out" in Hudson's room. (post candle light bath)

No comments:

Post a Comment