Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like..

Tonight was Hudson's night to choose the dinner menu.
So....cheese quesadillas and chocolate chip cookies it is. I did make some Carne Asada on the side for E, although I do think it should be a rule that you have to stick to the menu plan.

E is a full on "driver" and it's fantastic. It's like having a newly licensed 16 year old in the house.

Me: Oh shit, I'm about to make Carne Asada and I forgot the Carne (meat)
E: I'll go get it!
Me: Awesome. I need a bottle of Cabernet to cook with as well. Could you throw in a few?

So after going through (in this order) Anxiety, fear and heart palpitations....I now feel sweet relief. E being able to drive is physical proof he's getting better. (Although I have yet to get in the car with him)

Hudson and I did a Target run tonight for the usual....Toilet paper, glow sticks, holiday pjs and hot sauce. Hey, it's Super Target.

I believe I've created a holiday "monster" like myself and I had to make the adult decision to NOT buy Christmas pajamas. However, because he's been wearing the shit out of his costume, I figured a little Halloween pj action would be appropriate.

Although things seem to be stabilizing a bit from within, there is a lot of "stuff" happening outside (ie. Whats happening to the dude that has a big fist and tiny balls who caused E's traumatic brain injury) and I will be discussing at my own pace. Because this is my blog and I do what I want.



Like i said....Glow sticks and Halloween pajamas.




Beetlejuice?




A raccoon named Henri in my kitchen.




Family Scrabble. Sounds so cheesy but it's great for brain injuries and wives of brain injured guys who cook with Cabernet. Hudson is the official "letter getter" and I don't know about you, but I read "asshole way." Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment